Saturday 31 March 2012

31/03/2012 b/w 0700-0820


This guy (k) meets me in the university where I study (in real life too).  The guy is an Arab, with a respectable demeanor, a beard which displays his piety (in real life he just has a moustache).  He has just been selected to a particular research centre, where I have been a Fellow for the past one year and am continuing (so is the case in real life too).  I know that he has just met A (k). 

He tells me that in the research centre that I have been a part of, there is something called “confederality”.  “Don’t you know of it, after being there for a year?”  The picture that flashes in my mind is that of a conference table with a long row of flags of different nations, and I distinctly remember a flag which was Australia/New Zealand.  It seems this is like a group of countries; and that they have a site and you can upload attested copies of your certificates there.  The copies have to be attested by your supervisor.  The Arab guy also told me that he has “some more work to do”, by which I understood that he is trying to make some fake certificates too. 

As I was more and more glued to this “confederality”, more out of a sense of  loss, he told me that he would take me to a place where I could do the needful right away.  What flashed in my mind was an empty classroom with an open and working laptop.

All these conversation was happening right outside the Administrative Building of the University.  Then he takes me inside the building, and the corridors were dark (unlike what they are in real life), and of the usual width.  After many turns which looked like we were passing through endless corridors with crowds at every turn, students passing both ways,  he said “Room No. 37” and then he was not to be seen (this disappearance was not a cause for concern in the dream though).   

I enter Room No. 37.  I see a lot of people there.  Most of them are not students.  They are much older.  They looked like non-teaching staff.  In the backbench, more with the body language of a student, sits my supervisor (same as the real life).  But I don’t go up and speak to anybody.  I sit, waiting.  And then I find out, from a yellow notice lying around, on which was printed in black letters were, SC&ST Blood Donation Camp.  I noticed that OBC was not there, to which I belong. 

I wondered if my supervisor was SC; I did not know him to be one.  I come out, and on my way I hear someone saying derisively about the gathering from the room itself, “we’ll need to do more for the elections.”  A lady is also coming out as I am walking out.  The lady is very beautiful.  She is wearing a white saree with red and golden borders.  She is very fair (like the traditional ghost characters in Kerala movies, in fact she does look like the ghost character from Ennu Swantham Janakikutty, but in the dream she is just an unknown woman).  Her bindi was more of a broad line than a circle., and it was bright and deep red. 

After coming out, I sit with a friend who is doing his Masters.  Soon his classmates start coming out and sitting around.  The closest to me was this girl who was wearing a cargo knee length trousers and green top.  Most of those who were sitting around were girls.  I wonder if they don’t notice me sitting there.  Because I am much senior to them, and that should be alienating them.  But they hardly seem to be noticing me.

I see the beautiful lady at a distance with her daughter who is just a toddler.  I glance at her daughter.  The daughter was wearing a saffron bindi of the usual circular variety (but it was more of a matter of fact than a cause of concern in the dream).  I see the woman spraying water out from her eyes.  (In the dream, this was not weird.  It was just like a normal exercise which people nevertheless rarely do; let’s say, like Yoga). 
There was a friend perched on a tree.  I narrate to him the entire “confederality” episode.   At the end of the story-telling, because the episode was a practical joke, I laugh.  I could hear a group of people laughing with me at a distance.  But I think they were making fun of me and my story-telling ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment